Friday, 27 December 2013
Four best achievements from 2013
As the end of the year approaches and I start to do some posts looking back (end of year statistics and end of year questionaire following in the next two days!), I wanted to highlight the fivethings that I was most proud of achieving this year, that I did not expect to achieve at the start of 2013, although one of them I hoped to achieved.
I could write more about all of these experiences, but I'll just link to the relevant posts. As my mood is particularly low at present, it's good to remember that I can surpass my own expectations and achieve some pretty awesome things - by both my standards and other people's.
1. Completing a half marathon and doing so in under 2 hours AND negatively splitting it.
2. My first ever first place in a race (even if I was disappointed with my time) and trophy!
3. Being featured in a National magazine talking about mental health and triathlon. Here is a link to the article which I have found online.
4. Completing a half ironman.
5. Racing for Team GB at the Age Group World Aquathlon Championships (and consequently becoming the 45th best 25-29 year old IN THE WORLD at Aquathlon).