Sunday 4 August 2013

And when it's over...

Even with 4 weeks to go, in fact probably back as far as 10 weeks to go, my mind has been straying to life after the half ironman.  Post race blues are a common phenomenon and it seems likely that I could be affected - the usual advice is to make sure that you have other things to look forward to.  To be honest, I feel like not having the training to do will be enough to look forward to as that will open up a bit more time and energy, but I do have a couple of other things planned.

Here's some specific things I am looking forward to after the half-ironman:
Aquathlon World Championships!
Swimming the length of Coniston (8.5k)
Oxford Half Marathon
Final 3.8k swim race of the season (22nd September)

Here's the more general things I'm looking forward to:
No more long weekend bike rides unless I suddenly get the urge
More time in the swimming pool
More swimming races in 2014 than there was time for in 2013!
Trying out mindfulness to see if that will help with my depression/anxiety - have booked Mr Tuna and myself on a taster day in early October
Trying out a zumba class
Sorting things out in my new home
Starting to make plans for my next big challenge.

4 comments:

  1. The thing I was most looking forward to after my cycling challenge was over, was having most of my time back to be free to do things other than cycling all the time. However, now I'm injured all I want to do is go cycling all the time! No pleasing me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my best friends signed up for a zumba course after her divorce and now she's addicted to it...she goes almost every day. :)

    I hope there are all kinds of good things to look forward to after the challenge, including new challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a very good plan and you've got some great things to do there. I know a few people who are addicted to Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good strategy! After my race this coming Saturday, I'll be traveling to New Hampshire to spectate another race. I should probably sign up for some road races too ...

    ReplyDelete