Sunday 4 August 2013

Weekly catch-up FOUR WEEKS TO GO

Yes, just 28 days now remain between me and my first half ironman.  And, we'll be moving house as well within that time frame.  Only 15 more working days until my fortnight off, but they look like they will be busy and stressful.  It's so close, but there's still a long way to go. 

Not just metaphorically, but also in training distances...I calculated this week (to Thursday, the start of August) that since starting proper training in April, I had cycled 1164km (1033 miles), run 226km (140 miles), and swum 310km (192 miles).  And those distances will continue to increase.  One of my friends is sponsoring me 1p for every km (she's European...) so there is a big incentive to get them in!

What did I get up to this week?
Monday: am 3k pool swim, pm 2k pool swim (did a 1.9k time trial, except I forgot to look at my watch, doh!)
Tuesday: am 10k run
Wednesday: am 2.5k swim
Thursday: am 4.5k swim, 12.5 mile bike
Friday: off - went to the Peak District for our anniversary
Saturday: 3k swim (came back early from the Peak District to get some training in)
Sunday: 91k bike ride

Not quite as much training as I should have done, there should have been a pilates class, but I was just too wobbly, and there should have been some stretching, and another 5k run.  But, one of the things I've learnt about being depressed is that I just have to be realistic.

What's the plan for this week?
Monday: am pool swim, pm pool swim (just being realistic about things this week so I get home a bit earlier)
Tuesday: am 11k run
Wednesday: am swim, pm stretching
Thursday: am swim, am bike ride
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 1.5k swim race, 1.5k recovery swim
Sunday: 56 mile bike ride.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were moving too! Yikes, I can't imagine how busy you'll be with packing, cleaning, and then unpacking again. Wish I could hop across the pond to help with organizing--that's my favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete