Sunday 25 August 2013

Weekly catch up - D-day minus 1 week

This time next week I'll be just getting near to the end of the bike course (I hope!).  I can't believe it's come around.  I need to do another post with some pre-race thoughts, so for now this is a catch up on my last week.  As I said earlier in the week, it wasn't ideal.  I was exhausted from moving house and everything was just slow, but I did manage to complete all the workouts planned.  I was hoping to start feeling twitchy, but it hasn't really happened, I'm even doubting my ability to get around and meet the cut offs!  I'll be interested to know if the post-house move exhaustion wears off in the following week and if I do start to feel twitchy.  Otherwise, I just have to know that I have done a huge amount of base training, and hopefully this will get me around (statistics to follow!)

What did I get up to this week?
Monday: 2.5k swim am, 1.5k swim pm
Tuesday: 8k run
Wednesday: 2k swim, pilates (although I was really too tired for the pilates and spent much of the class just lying there...)
Thursday: 3.8k swim race (report to follow!)
Friday: off
Saturday: 2k swim (including 8 x 100m sprints)
Sunday: 44.5 mile bike ride

Totals:
Swim: 12k
Run: 8k
Bike: 71k

Total: 8.5 hours of training

What's the plan for this week?
Monday: 2k swim, 5k run
Tuesday: OFF (travelling)
Wednesday: half hour swim in Lake Zell
Thursday: 13 mile bike ride round Lake Zell/race course recce
Friday: swim course recce (half hour)
Saturday: Irongirl run (4.2km, run very very slowly, I will be cross with myself if I am faster than half an hour!)
Sunday: Ironman 70.3 Zell am See...

No comments:

Post a Comment