Sunday 23 June 2013

Weekly round up (10 weeks to go)

10 weeks to go!  Argh!  Next week we'll be down into single figures.  It's mostly been a pretty good week, partly due to a slightly different work pattern that enabled me to get in an extra bike workout.  I only ran once, but my legs have been very tired so I don't think that's too bad.

What did I do?
Mon am: 3k swim; pm 1k lake swim (would have been nice if it had been a bit longer but I was really tired and only really went because it was Claire's last chance to practice for her race)
Tues am: 10k run - this was only 100 seconds off my 10k pb time so given that that was on still tired legs from last weekend, I was pretty pleased
Weds am: 4.5k swim (I had a late start at work); pm: 20 mile bike (I had the afternoon off work)
Thurs am: 4.5k swim; 30 minutes stretching/pilates/flexibility (I had another late start for work)
Fri: OFF
Sat: 1.5k swim race (separate report to follow); 2k cool down swim
Sun: 56 mile bike ride (Mr Tuna is away so after the club ride which today was very hilly and windy, I carried on and did another 11 miles to make it up to 70.3 distance.  I'm happy that despite the hills and the wind I managed to complete it in just under 4.5 hours which is what I need to do for my race.  However on race day I'll need to run a half marathon as well.  I'm hoping the adrenalin will carry me through as I've spent the afternoon exhausted.

TOTALS:
10k of running
16.5k of swimming
76 miles on the bike
30 minutes of pilates, stretching and making friends with my new foam roller (I've been trying to do 5 minutes or so of foam rollering every night, usually whilst waiting for dinner to cook)

13 hours of training this week - eek!

What's the plan for this week?
I'll ease off a little this week as I am on annual leave the week after and want to get in some good training then.
Monday am: swim, pm: lake swim
Tuesday am: 10k+ run
Wednesday am: swim, pm: 5k run + stretching/pilates
Thursday am: longer swim, bike
Friday: OFF
Sat: swim?
Sun: bike

But for now it's back to resting on the sofa.  I am very very tired.

1 comment:

  1. Woo, busy training week! It's great to log a few of those 50-mile rides in preparation for the half. Then when it's race day, you'll know you've completed the distance before.

    ReplyDelete